Sunday, March 9, 2008

Don't say it ain't so!

Have you guys noticed that academics and internet-developer types always (or frequently) start their sentences with "so".

Like someone will ask them a question such as "Where do you think the internet will be in 2020 blah blah blah." And they'll answer either "So, the internet in 2020 blah blah blah" or "Yeah, so the internet in 2020 blah blah blah." Fucking drives me crazy.

They'll say it before like 75% of their sentences sometimes. There's no reason to say "so" to begin an sentence like this. Its like a passive-agressive condescending thing. Its like they're explaining to you where your belly-button is but in a slightly ironic way because they don't want you to punch them in the face cause it'll remind them that they used to be chubby and wear black socks to school. Fuck! I'd say I want to burn them in the face every time I hear somebody say it but that would make me sound unreasonably violent. So pretend I didn't say that.

By the way, this isn't just a rant. I'm actually curious, do you/have you heard when people say this? Ted I know I asked you already. Have you noticed it more? And please don't tell me you're saying it too now.

No comments: